Cambian Engineering Solutions Limited (we/us/our) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (Notice) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us and the purpose for our collection of it. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act) and the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR), Cambian Engineering Solutions Limited is the data controller of your personal information and is entered in the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) Register of Data Controllers with registration number Z2887706.
This Notice explains how we may collect and process personal data about:
- customers and prospective customers
- visitors to our website; and;
- current employees
Depending on our relationship with you this notice may be supplemented with additional information relating to our use of your personal data included for example in our terms of business (for customers) and our application form and employment contract (for job applicants and employees).
What personal information do we collect and why do we collect it?
We may collect and process the personal information about you including information:
- that you provide by filling in forms on our website, requesting further services or reporting a problem with our website
- that you provide when you use our professional services as a customer
- received in correspondence that you send to us
- provided to us as part of a job application you make
- received during certain calls to and from us
- concerning your visits to our website (including but not limited to traffic data)
We may also collect information about you in other ways, for example:
- if you are a customer of one of our customers, and we are undertaking services on our customer’s behalf
- if you have any other dealings with one or more of our customers which are related to services which we are providing to our customer or on our customer’s behalf
- indirectly, through one of our customers or a third party
- if you are a supplier of ours, from that supplier relationship
- from publicly available sources, for example the electoral roll or Companies House
How we use your personal data
The way we process your personal data we collect as set out above varies depending on our relationship with you. In each case the purposes for which we request the information will be clear from the context in which it is acquired. These include:
- providing our services to you or an entity for which you work
- verifying your identity
- keeping a record of the services you have subscribed to and deliver services you may have requested
- administration, billing and record-keeping purposes
- communicating with you by telephone, email, fax or post
- meeting our legal, regulatory and contractual obligations arising from any our relationship with you (for example under anti-money laundering legislation)
- providing and improving customer service and support
- administering our website, enhancing operational capabilities and for internal operations
- verifying or enforcing compliance with this Notice and applicable laws
Disclosure of your personal data
We will only disclose your personal information to another person or organisation where we:
- need to share the information to provide a service you have requested
- need to send the information to persons or organisations that work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you. Where such a person or organisation does work on our behalf we will ensure that they are contractually required to take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information and only use the information in order to provide a product or service on our behalf
- are required to disclose the information in order to comply with the law or the requirements of a regulatory authority
Our legal basis for using your personal data
Our use of your personal data as outlined above is subject to different legal bases for processing, including where necessary for:
- the purposes of the performance of any contract we enter into with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you
- our legitimate interests, for example in providing services to an entity you work for, managing and monitoring our website operation, preventing fraud and for our business compliance purposes
- compliance with our legal and regulatory responsibilities.
If you do not agree to provide your personal data to us we may not be able to provide you with services or process your application for other services or employment. Where our use of your data is not necessary for one of the purposes outlined above we may use it in a particular way with your consent (for example if you have registered to attend an event we are hosting). Where we ask for your consent you are free to refuse our use of your personal data for those purposes and you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details set out below. This shall not affect the lawfulness of any processing that was based on your consent before you withdrew it.
Storage and transfer of your personal data
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Before we transfer your personal data outside the EEA we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that any such transfer is made securely and that there is adequate protection in place in order to protect your personal data, as required by the Act and Chapter V of the GDPR. Please contact us if you wish to obtain more information regarding relevant safeguards. By submitting your personal information you agree to this transfer, storing or processing outside the EEA.
Retention of your personal data
We will retain your personal information for a minimum of six years and so long as is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained and in accordance with our legal obligations and follow our data destruction policy and processes thereafter.
Links to other websites
This Notice only extends to our website, which is owned and operated by Cambian Engineering Solutions Limited and does not, therefore, extend to your use of, provision of information to and collection of information on any website not connected to Cambian Engineering Solutions Limited to which you may link by using the hypertext links within our website.
Your personal information is protected under data protection law and you have a number of rights (see below) which you can seek to exercise. Please contact us in writing, by email or telephone using the details shown under ‘Contact and Complaints’ below if you wish to do so, or if you have any queries in relation to your rights. Please note these rights do not apply in all circumstances.
Right of access – subject to certain exceptions, you have the right of access to your personal data that we hold.
Right to rectify your personal information – if you discover that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have this information rectified (i.e. corrected).
Right to be forgotten – you may ask us to delete information we hold about you in certain circumstances. This right is not absolute and it may not be possible for us to delete the information we hold about you, for example, if we have an ongoing contractual relationship or are required to retain information to comply with our legal obligations.
Right to restriction of processing – in some cases you may have the right to have the processing of your personal information restricted. For example, where you contest the accuracy of your personal information, its use may be restricted until the accuracy is verified.
Right to object to processing – you may object to the processing of your personal information (including profiling) when it is based upon our legitimate interests. You may also object to the processing of your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing and for the purposes of statistical analysis.
Right to data portability – you have the right to receive, move, copy or transfer your personal information to another controller when we are processing your personal information based on consent or on a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to collect aggregate information for us to use. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Cambian Engineering Solutions Limited takes great care to ensure the security of our website and your personal information. Only authorised personnel and contractors have access to your information. We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Notice at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we have made, as they are binding on you. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our website.
If you have any questions about how we treat your personal data and protect your privacy, or if you have any comments or wish to seek to exercise any of your rights as outlined above or to complain about our use of your personal data, please write to us at Brewhurst Sawmill, Roundstreet Common, Billingshurst, West Sussex RH14 0AL, United Kingdom or email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +44 (0)1403 752 528.